Password (WPA2/WPA3) based SSID in Ray in Bridge Mode
Step 1. Login to your cloud controller with your username & password.
Step 2. Ray provides configuration via the below profiles
2. AP Settings
4. Tunnel Interface
5. Hotspot 2.0
7. Network Interface
8. IP Reservation
If your AP receives the IP Address via DHCP then, none of the settings except WLAN need to be created.
In this case, the Default WAN will already have the IP Address via DHCP.
The Ray AP shall be in "Bridge Mode" with the WAN Interface.
If your AP receives the IP Address via Static IP/VLAN/PPPoE then please refer to the article about how to do the same.
Updating the WLAN Profile.
Step 3. Go To Profiles -> Available Profile -> WLAN. Press "Create WLAN"
Fill in the below details
1. Profile Name. Name of the AP Profile.
2. Description. Description of the AP Profile.
3. Select (Open/Password/Enterprise) from the drop-down.
4. SSID Name that you want to broadcast. This is what shall be visible to users on their phones/laptops.
5. Radios. Select which radio you want to broadcast this SSID on. Recommended is 2.4 & 5
6. Group (Leave empty for now)
7. Security. Select Password Authentication
8. Input Password of the SSID.
9. Encryption. Select WPA2 as standard. You may select WPA3 if required.
10. Network Interface. The default is "Bridge" already. Select the Default WAN.
11. Other advance settings can be ignored in case of a simple setup.
12. Press Submit.
Step 4. Go to Actions & Select Attach.
Step 5. Go To Profiles -> Available Profile -> WLAN.
Press Publish in the current cluster if you only have a single cluster.
Step 6. Go To Jobs.
You can check the jobs created for publishing the SSID.
Once the job is "FINISHED", the SSID would be broadcasting.
Step 7. Adding more AP.
You can add more AP by going to Access Point -> Add AP.
Input the MAC Address
Input the Security Code
Select Mode as "Gateway".
Repeat the process for as many AP as required.
You can also do a Bulk Upload.
All the AP shall be created in "Gateway" Mode and shall Bridge to the WAN Interface.